FIRST with real time Breaking News coverage overnight
Creative Commons License
Operation 100 News by Operation 100 News - Mike Frizzell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Posted material may not be copied, rewritten, published, broadcast, or otherwise shared without proper attribution given including link to original webpage.
Contact Mike Frizzell -

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Carbon Monoxide sickens 3 in Lenexa

Posted: December 28, 2011 - 5:41am
Updated: December 28, 2011 - 6:12am

Just after 5:20 a.m., Tuesday, Lenexa Fire and Johnson County Med-Act were called to a home in the 8100 block of Woodstone Street. Three people were reported to be showing symptoms of Carbon Monoxide poisoning after a natural gas leak in the house.

The Lenexa Fire Department reported dangerous levels of Carbon Monoxide. Those levels are said to have been nearly 500 parts per million. Kansas Gas was also on the scene when the fire department arrived.

Johnson County Med-Act treated three people to an area hospital. Two were said to be "40-years-old" and the other is a "12-year-old." All three were said to be stable, complaining of headaches and nausea. Their exposure was said to be "moderate."

Lenexa Fire remained on the scene to ventilate the house and locate the source of the Carbon Monoxide.

No further information was immediately available.

Attention News Media LINK
Post a Comment