An early morning dryer fire forced the partial evacuation of an assisted living facility in Shawnee.
Firefighters from Shawnee and Lenexa were called to Shawnee Heartland Assisted Living, 16207 Midland Drive, shortly after 1:30 Saturday morning.
Arriving firefighters reported light smoke inside the building upon their arrival. Three Johnson County Med-Act ambulances were dispatched to the scene.
Radio traffic indicates that around 20 residents were evacuated from their rooms to the waiting ambulances and other wings of the building that were clear of smoke.
Shawnee Fire Marshal Corey Sands tells Operation 100 News that there was a dryer fire. One fire sprinkler head activated and extinguished the fire. No one was injured.
All residents were allowed to return to their rooms before 2:15 a.m..
Stay with Operation 100 News on this blog and on Twitter for the latest details as they become available. Remember where you heard this news first, Operation 100 News, reporting the news to the public as it breaks.
All comments are moderated. Inappropriate and/or abusive comments will not be published. More information.