FIRST with real time Breaking News coverage overnight
Creative Commons License
Operation 100 News by Operation 100 News - Mike Frizzell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Posted material may not be copied, rewritten, published, broadcast, or otherwise shared without proper attribution given including link to original webpage.
Contact Mike Frizzell -

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Grease fire causes $15,000 worth of damages to assisted living facility

Posted: April 26, 2012 - 3:38pm
Updated: April 27, 2012 - 2:07am

Photo submitted by the Olathe Fire Department
Click image to view full size
The Olathe Fire Department was called to Aberdeen Village Assisted Living and Retirement Center at 3:20 p.m. Thursday. A 911 call reported a fire in the first level kitchen area. The facility is located at 17500 W 119th Street in Olathe.

Firefighters and Olathe Police assisted in evacuations of some of the residents. Crews ordered a second alarm response due to the size of the facility and the number of residents who live on the site.

The fire is said to have been contained to the kitchen area and was extinguished by the building's sprinkler system before fire crews arrived. Crews checked attic spaces and reported that the fire had not spread into the attic or the building's roof. 

Firefighters from the Lenexa Fire Department responded on the second alarm to assist with the call.

Investigators say the fire was a grease fire and started in the facility's commercial kitchen. Damage is estimated at $15,000. No injuries were reported.

Stay with Operation 100 News on this blog and on Twitter for the latest details as they become available. Remember where you heard this news first. Operation 100 News, reporting the news to the public as it breaks.

All comments on posted content are moderated. Inappropriate and/or abusive comments will not be published.
Post a Comment