FIRST with real time Breaking News coverage overnight
Creative Commons License
Operation 100 News by Operation 100 News - Mike Frizzell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Posted material may not be copied, rewritten, published, broadcast, or otherwise shared without proper attribution given including link to original webpage.
Contact Mike Frizzell -
Operation100news@gmail.com

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Shawnee home damaged by late-night fire

Posted: March 10, 2015 - 2:53am
Updated: March 10, 2015 - 7:18am

A charred dryer sits in the driveway of the home
Click image to view larger
Operation 100 News - Mike Frizzell photo
A dryer is being cited as the cause of a late-night house fire in Shawnee.

Firefighters were called to 6713 Stearns around 10:30 Monday night.

Shawnee fire marshal Corey Sands says, "it was a dryer fire that quickly caught the garage on fire."

A contractor who was boarding up the home said the fire caused extensive damage to the garage.

"Shawnee Fire knocked it out quick, it doesn't look like there is any fire damage to the living areas," he said.

The homeowner was not injured and is receiving assistance from a neighbor and the Red Cross.

No other details have been released.

Check back with Operation 100 News on this blog and on Twitter for the latest details as they become available. Remember where you heard this news first, Operation 100 News, reporting the news to the public as it breaks.

All comments are moderated. Inappropriate and/or abusive comments will not be published. More information.
Post a Comment