FIRST with real time Breaking News coverage overnight
Creative Commons License
Operation 100 News by Operation 100 News - Mike Frizzell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Posted material may not be copied, rewritten, published, broadcast, or otherwise shared without proper attribution given including link to original webpage.
Contact Mike Frizzell -
Operation100news@gmail.com

Monday, January 27, 2014

VIDEO: Cigarette and gusty winds likely cause of JoCo house fire

Posted: January 27, 2014 - 1:24am
Updated: January 27, 2014 - 1:51am

Overland Park Fire Investigators believe a carelessly discarded cigarette and gusty winds sparked a house fire this morning.


Crews were called to a home in the 9600 block of W. 128th Terrace just before midnight Sunday. A resident reported fire on the side of the house.

First crews on the scene reported smoke and fire visible from around a second level window. All occupants of the home were outside when crews arrived.

The fire was quickly knocked down and mostly contained to the home's exterior.

A news release says there is minor fire damage to the inside of the home.

No injuries were reported.

One crew from the Olathe Fire Department assisted on the call.

Overland Park Fire says the dry and windy conditions are causing an increased fire risk. "If you smoke, you should always fully extinguish cigarettes in sand or water."

More information on fire safety can be found on the Overland Park Fire Department's website.

Stay with Operation 100 News on this blog and on Twitter for the latest details as they become available. Remember where you heard this news first, Operation 100 News, reporting the news to the public as it breaks.


Media notification available
All comments are moderated. Inappropriate and/or abusive comments will not be published. More information.
Post a Comment