Updated: August 2, 2013 - 4:05am
Video below report
|Aerial image of the area - Scene marked in red box|
Click image to view larger
Officials say the fire was reported around 11:30 Thursday night at 1304 E. 123rd Terrace, just east of N. Ridgeview Road.
Firefighters arrived at the scene to find heavy fire and thick black smoke showing from the back of the two story apartment building.
Crews reported the fire to be under control shortly before midnight. The fire was said to be fully extinguished by 1:52 Friday morning.
A man and a woman were treated for smoke inhalation at the scene. A second woman, also suffering from smoke inhalation, was transported to an area hospital for treatment. Her condition is said to be non life-threatening.
Two dogs were killed in the fire.
No other injuries were reported.
The Red Cross is assisting all 11 people who were displaced by the fire.
The fire caused substantial damage to the building. Fire inspectors are investigating what sparked the fire and a damage estimate was not immediately available. Firefighters remain at the scene this morning to watch for hot spots and assist fire investigators.
Olathe firefighters were assisted on the scene by the Lenexa Fire Department, Olathe Police Department and Johnson County Med-Act.
Scene video provided by the Olathe Fire Department
Stay with Operation 100 News on this blog and on Twitter for the latest details as they become available. Remember where you heard this news first, Operation 100 News, reporting the news to the public as it breaks.
Media notification available
All comments are moderated. Inappropriate and/or abusive comments will not be published. More information.