FIRST with real time Breaking News coverage overnight
Creative Commons License
Operation 100 News by Operation 100 News - Mike Frizzell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Posted material may not be copied, rewritten, published, broadcast, or otherwise shared without proper attribution given including link to original webpage.
Contact Mike Frizzell -
Operation100news@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Damaged gas meters lead to evacuations

Posted: November 8, 2011 - 9:21am
Updated: November 8, 2011 - 11:28am

The Olathe Fire Department was called to a natural gas leak in the 100 block of N Clairborne Road after a tractor trailer damaged three natural gas meters on the building.

Olathe Fire Department spokesperson, Mike Hall says that five businesses were evacuated, including ACE Hardware, Dollar General, Quilters Haven, Tuesday Morning and Noah's Ark Gift Shoppe.

Hall also says that the gas leak was stopped, by the gas company, at 9:57 a.m. and the evacuated businesses were allowed to reopen after about 45 minutes.

Stay with Operation 100 News on this blog and on Twitter for the latest details as they become available. Remember where you heard this news first. Operation 100 News, reporting the news to the public as it breaks.

Attention News Media LINK
Post a Comment